My name is Guillaume Ranslant.
I am a software developper during the day, and a husband and dad otherwise.
Well, it sometimes happens that I am also a bit of a software developper at night. Sometimes only. When I can find or make free time.
In the last 15 years I have already written a lot of tiny tools (using first Pascal then Delphi, then C++, C++/MFC, C#/WinForms and now C#/WPF) for my own private use.
WeeDuplicateDetective is my attempt at
- learning and understanding WPF and MVVM
- actually releasing to the world one of my production
and this blog is a platform for me to share that leanrning and understanding process, and the results thereof.
Oh, and I’m French and located in Germany.
My linked-in profile will tell it all, but basically I am doing/have done
- software development
- technical project leading (head developer)
- quality management (functional specification level, code level and test level)
- release engineering
What I do outside of programming:
- a lot of reading
- music (listening to and playing)
- watch movies / TV-Series / theater plays
- getting a dumb-looking, happy grin on my face as I watch my daughters grow
- relaxing (try the following: a hot, scented bath, with a sudoku book and a pen…)
Well this is starting to look like a resumé, so… switch off.