After a long period of time, the new version of WeeDuplicateDetective is finally available.
What’s new in WDD 1.5?
- remember the search patterns (in the combobox)
- lighter UI
- less borders, less color gradients and less animations (speeds up the UI)
- the process of finding duplicates has its own dialog
- layout made a bit less “full” for some options, mostly in the right side bar
- removed a couple of unneeded text fields (ironically, I had duplicate information…)
- files unsafe for deletion
- show those files (files in the Windows directory and system and hidden files)
- exclude those files from being selected or even remove them from the list
- all fields at once
- using wildcards (* and ?) or a regular expression
- allow filtering of search files per file extension
- new dialog to edit the type filters
- add one criteria to remove files from the list
- bug fixes
- display of amount of files cleaned & of files scanned
- crash when cleaning all files in a duplicate group
- cursor when finding duplicates
- remove files from list: stats not updated
- help file (FINALLY!) – html file, with style reminiscent of 914915.onphp.net
As to why it took so long:
- life happened (cliché but true): got sick, wife got sick, daughters got sick, got sick again, etc.
- changed jobs: looking for a new job was the highest prio in Q4-2011, and getting up-to-speed in the new job, was the highest prio for Q1-2012
- got a smartphone (Samsung galaxy S5670): time eating thingie because of … free stuff!